Saturday 7 March 2015

First post after 5 years

It's been such a long time since I last wrote. Many things have happened. Some major decisions made at the beginning of this year. And one of them is to switch from current model of "Work, Save, Invest" to "Invest, Cash-flow, Work" to achieve financial independence. 

Re-read what I wrote in 2007 where I want to achieve 650k by 2024 and 1mil by 2029 with both cash, investment return and CPF. Then I was planning to work full-time to 50 years old and thinking 1 mil would probably last me for the rest of my life with proper planning and return. 8 years have passed, kids came along, parents are ageing and priority in life for me has definitely shifted towards having more time for family and myself rather than at work.

And since the new model is to "Invest, Cash-flow, Work", I am going to re-start my investment journal. Not sure how frequent I can do it so that it's sustainable but let's start with a target of at least an entry per fortnight.

Also, having started this journey for 15 years, I would like to share what I have learned, so that it might benefit those who have just started on the journey.

So stay tuned for more posts.

No comments:

Post a Comment