I was prompted to start this investment journal when I was having a discussion with a friend. I found that I was not clear in my investment goals and strategies. I was not able to inform, convince and put across my points clearly. Hence, the discussion does not really benefit either of us.
Hence, I decided to put in a more conscious effort to reflect on what I have learned over the past few years and note down the positives and negatives of my buy, sell decisions. I realize that this is important if I am to do well in investment and use it as a tool to realize my goal of being financially independent in the long term.
The followings are the objectives in this investment journal:
1) Brief recap on my investment journey over the past 6 years.
2) Define my goal for investment.
3) Define my investment strategies.
4) Write up on the companies that I currently hold
5) Writing of important insights that I gained from the books/articles that I read.