Sunday 30 September 2007

My investment strategies III - Company screening for CPF portfolio

Unlike my cash portfolio, I do not go through all the steps.  Dividend yield is an attraction to me and if the company can provide me with consistently high dividend yield, I will consider purchasing it.  So these are the few factors I look for.

Either:
Dividend yield of at least 5%
There are some large cap that provide such yield and of course the higher it is, the more entice I am to it.

Potential growth in dividend yield due to growth in company
These can be either through acquisition like REIT or organic growth oversea.  The minimum is that the company must not show deterioration in its fundamental.

Or

Very interesting business with huge growth potential
These are companies more like those in my cash portfolio but it must be a business which I can recognize with and strongly believe in.  Unlike my cash portfolio, I would not simply invest into a so-so business with cheap valuation.

No comments:

Post a Comment